5 Tips for Creating Your At-Home Spa
Dubois Beauty was born in a spa - created by Denise Dubois, founder and head of Complexions, two spas in upstate New York. Drawing from the natural surrounding and her expertise in esthetics, Denise created this line of nature-inspired, clean, and highly effective skincare products.
With our roots in spas, we know that spa visits can play an important component in your health, wellbeing, and skincare. Regular spa facials can help address key skin concerns, and give your face a "reset." Massages can soothe, restore, and rebalance, helping your overall health and wellbeing.
Recreating the Spa at Home
In between professional spa visits, you can recreate the spa experience by making your home a place of calm and relaxation. Even if you have a small space, simple choices can change the atmosphere in your home.
- Change into comfortable clothing: find soft, breathable and comfortable clothes that you can slip into after a day of being dressed for work (whether heels, scrubs, suits, or jeans).
- Find a quiet corner that can be a space for reading, journaling, or meditating. Clear it from clutter, and make it a place you can go to easily. Keep it separate from your phone, computer, or other technology.
- Selects scents that relax you, and find candles, essential oils, and diffusers that you can easily use in your home.
- Stay hydrated. Love the fruit water or herbal teas at your spa? Keep an infused water pitcher with fresh fruit, cucumber, and mint in your fridge. Make a large thermos full of herbal tea, and keep it on your counter for easy access.
- Create a playlist of music that calms and relaxes you. Many streaming music services have pre-programmed playlists that you can browse and customize.
Aromatherapeutic Scents to Relax
Scent plays an incredible role in creating a spa atmosphere and creating your own environment of relaxation. Try these scents in a diffuser, as a mist, in a candle, or dab essential oils on a washcloth or towel:
- Ylang ylang
- Holy basil
- Sweet basil
Spa Teas at Home
If you've sat in a relaxation area of a spa, sipping a cup of hot tea, you know the comfort and peace it can provide. Find your own corner to treat yourself to the same. Find herbal teas or mix your own loose teas with:
- Lemon Balm